Order Barbara's Books with a 20% Discount
Every day, teachers face the challenge of motivating struggling learners. In this must-have book, bestselling author Barbara Blackburn shares how you can finally solve this problem and make your classroom a place where all students want to succeed.
You’ll learn practical strategies for:
- Understanding extrinsic and intrinsic motivation
- Building a trusting relationship with students
- Using praise and positiive feedback effectively
- Empowering students and helping them own their learning
- Moving students toward a growth mindset
- Communicating high expectations for students
- Engaging all students in your lessons
- Scaffolding so all students will want to improve
- Helping students be resilient and not fear failure
- Celebrating diverse groups of students
Each chapter is filled with a variety of examples and tools that you can use immediately. Bonus: Many of the tools are also available as free eResources on my publisher's website.
In this helpful resource, parents are guided through the top eight myths about motivation and reveals what really works for kids. Each chapter is filled with practical information and stories that help you understand how to handle a variety of situations related to your child’s success at school. Blackburn helps you get to the bottom of issues such as: