Every day, teachers face the challenge of motivating struggling learners. In this must-have book, bestselling author Barbara Blackburn shares how you can finally solve this problem and make your classroom a place where all students want to succeed.
You’ll learn practical strategies for:
- Understanding extrinsic and intrinsic motivation
- Building a trusting relationship with students
- Using praise and positiive feedback effectively
- Empowering students and helping them own their learning
- Moving students toward a growth mindset
- Communicating high expectations for students
- Engaging all students in your lessons
- Scaffolding so all students will want to improve
- Helping students be resilient and not fear failure
- Celebrating diverse groups of students
Each chapter is filled with a variety of examples and tools that you can use immediately. Bonus: Many of the tools are also available as free eResources on my publisher's website.