JUST FOR LEADERS
Customizable Topics Include:
Rigorous Schools and Classrooms: Leading the Way
No matter the issue you are addressing in your school or district, there can be obstacles and challenges. This session provides a set of practical tools customized to the specific needs of your school or district. Examples include creating a culture for improvement, building shared ownership, addressing stakeholders’ needs, advocacy, shared accountability, and structures for success. Audience: School-based Leaders, District Leaders, all grade levels.
Barbara R. Blackburn is a dynamic and inspirational presenter. She bases her presentations on relevant research, best practices, and hands-on-work of current professionals.
--Dr. Mark Dewalt
A Toolkit for Leaders: Progress for School Reform
Truly making progress in school reform requires a comprehensive approach. This session guides leaders through strategies that adress each area that impacts progress, using the COMPASS model:
- C--Culture of your School
- O--Ownership and Shared Vision
- M--Managing Data
- P--Professional Development
- S--Shared Accountability
- S--Structures to Support Success
Customized Strategic Planning, Coaching, and Evaluation Services
Dr. Blackburn and her team also provide customized sessions for leaders. Beginning with a needs assessment, the team coordinates with you to develop a strategic plan, implementing, monitoring, and adjusting your plan, and recommending future steps. All leadership support options include written recommendations for change. Additional options include
- Assessments of Instruction, which can include reviews of assignments and assessments, on-site walkthroughs and observations, or other specialized choices.
- School Rigor Assessments, which include a comprehensive perspective of strengths and challenges within your schoool.