Technology Based Options
Not A Talking Head
I marvel at how you so masterfully connected being so far away. And to think you did that blind. You proved to me that Teleconferences can be powerful - especially when the presenter is as knowledgable and dynamic as you! One particular sentence you made turned out to very helpful and provided comfort to many... you said that the process can take 3 -5 years. I could see, and almost feel, the teachers relax with that statement.
Debra Vollm Paradise Valley USD, Arizona
Why This May Be The Right Solution For You
With today’s technology, professional development can be more powerful than ever. Barbara is experienced in providing webinars, virtual keynotes, video chats, and online chats. Ideal for follow-ups to address specific issues, such as assessment, technology options are also practical for today’s limited budgets. Whether you have your own platform or would like us to provide the technology support, Barbara works with you to develop the best solution for your needs.
- Skype or video conferencing for keynotes, small group conferencing with teachers from a grade level, subject area, or focus topic. Perfect for leaders or leadership teams for planning sessions, coaching, or ongoing sessions for monitoring and adjustment of staff development. Also provides a cost-effective way to provide regular follow-up sessions with core personnel after a train-the-trainer workshop.
- Focused webinars as an introduction to concepts such as rigor or motivation and student engagement. Appropriate for teachers, leaders, or a mixed group.
- Follow-up webinars to on-site presentation, customized to the needs of the school or district. Excellent as a follow-up for individual schools after a district-wide professional development.
- Webinar series presented over the course of a year for an ongoing focus on an issue or challenges.
- Technology participation in book study.
- Author chats with students or parents.
- Online chats or facilitation of chats or book studies.
Does It Work?
"As a small school, it is very difficult to bring in someone of your caliber, but our Skype session allowed us to offer first class, interactive professional development at a very affordable price. For us, this was truly a no-brainer!"
--Paul Russo, Principal, Lincolnville Central School, Maine
"The webinar on Friday once again (after the Skype) really helped all of us. One teacher thanked me for having professional development that mattered. What a compliment! I am hoping that we can keep the partnership going....What we are trying to accomplish here and your professional guidance is so important for our children. Thanks for what you do!"
--Anita Muse, Principal, Langston Hughes School, Chicago