Virtual Professional Development Options
Yesterday's online PD session with Dr. Blackburn was amazing! The webinar with her really brought us into a 21st Century, collaborative learning experience as educators. This was the first time my district held PD this way, and it was excellent. I learned more about what rigor really looks like, and I learned practical strategies that I can turn around and use with my students immediately. This was the best PD we've had all year!
Teacher, Caswell High School, North Carolina
Why This May Be The Right Solution For You
With today’s technology, professional development can be more powerful than ever. Barbara is experienced in providing webinars, virtual keynotes, video chats, and online chats. Ideal for follow-ups to address specific issues, such as assessment, technology options are also practical for today’s limited budgets. Whether you have your own platform or would like us to provide the technology support, Barbara works with you to develop the best solution for your needs.
“During the unfortunate world pandemic, our school administration was extremely concerned about being able to provide a series of targeted professional development to staff through an online remote process. However, I am so extremely pleased to attest to the skills and knowledge of Barbara Blackburn in providing exactly what we needed through a tailored design that supported our ability to apply and sustain this vital learning.”
Laurelle Texidor, Interim Director, New London High Multi-Magnet Campus
- Webinars, Zoom, or video conferencing provides options for keynotes, small group conferencing with teachers from a grade level, subject area, or focus topic. Barbara has presented interactive sessions ranging from 1 hour to 3 full days.
- Live sessions are also perfect for leaders or leadership teams for planning sessions, coaching, or ongoing sessions for monitoring and adjustment of staff development.
- Coaching and train-the-trainer options to assess tasks for rigor are an ideal option for training over time.
- Focused webinars can serve as an introduction to concepts such as rigor, rigor and remote learning, or motivation and student engagement. Appropriate for teachers, leaders, or a mixed group.
- Follow-up webinars are customized to the needs of the school or district.
- Webinar series presented over the course of a year allow for an ongoing focus on an issue or challenges.
- Author chats provide options for additional information or question and answer sessions.
- Another option is online facilitation of book studies.