Website with Resources for Parents and Teachers
In this helpful resource, expert educator Barbara R. Blackburn guides parents through the top eight myths
about motivation and reveals what really works for kids. Each chapter is filled with practical information and stories that help you understand how to handle a variety of situations related to your
child’s success at school. Blackburn helps you get to the bottom of issues such as:
• Is motivating with rewards effective?
• What if your student doesn’t care about school?
• How does your relationship with your student affect their motivation?
• How can you set high expectations without too much pressure?
• Is it okay for my kid to struggle, get stuck, and fail?
• How does competition affect success in school?
• What should you do when nothing seems to be working?
Chapters also include specific classroom connections for each strategy, so you can begin proactively working with your child's teacher. With the accessible advice in
this book, you’ll be able to reach your child more effectively so that he or she is more motivated from within, and more successful in school and beyond!